Take a Look Around this Blog

Bits and Pieces

My photo
Drifton, PA, United States
I am engaged to a wonderful man. I so excited to get married as well as plan the wedding...diy of course. I am going to be a first time aunt...my fiance's sister is expecting.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Italian Grapes

My neighbor invited my mother and me to pick grapes from his vine in his back yard.  The vine was brought back from southern Italy. He said there are just too many and he wanted to share. He began to tell us stories of our town and people he knew and so many amazing things. He was born and raised in my area, and then at 17, he moved to D.C. and then New York, and then GERMANY. He lives in Germany now and the property where the grapes were belongs to is partner. I learned so much this afternoon. I am so excited about the grapes. I plan to give some to my professor (she is italian) and Neal as well. And of course I will be keeping some for myself...after we can and jam =)

No comments:

Post a Comment