Take a Look Around this Blog

Bits and Pieces

My photo
Drifton, PA, United States
I am engaged to a wonderful man. I so excited to get married as well as plan the wedding...diy of course. I am going to be a first time aunt...my fiance's sister is expecting.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Things People Will Throw Away!

My dad was coming out of work one day and saw this in the dumpster. Yea, someone THREW this away! He brought it home and knew I would enjoy it...HE WAS RIGHT.
This is my baby. It is a 1928 Singer sewing machine. It was manufactured in New Jersey.





I even have the case and the KEY. The case is a bit beat up, but it still works.

This is the compartment for the notions. It is so cute.

I have the attachments as well. I am pretty sure that this is the original box as well. 

I was able to find the manual online. I printed it out and a use it all the time. I am always learning something new about my machine. I couldn't locate the website where I printed the manual, but this blog offers some manuals for singers. Also, google is a savior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment